Valorant is a thrilling first-person shooter game developed by Riot Games in 2020. As this game continues to evolve and attract more players, it’s time to dive into the comprehensive guide that will take you from a novice to a Valorant pro.
The post is for you whether you’re just starting or have already entered into this exciting game. In this post, we are going to tell you how to play Valorant. So let’s get started…
Table of Contents
How To Get Started With a Valorant Game?
Step 1: Firstly, Download The Valorant
To begin your Valorant journey, visit the official Valorant website and click the “Play Now” or “Play Free” button. This will initiate the download of the game’s Installer package through your web browser.
Step 2: Install The Game
Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded file and select your preferred installation location. Be sure to have at least 8 GB of free space on your computer to accommodate the game.
Step 3: Launch Valorant On Your Desktop
To log in and start playing, you’ll need a Riot Games account. After the download, launch Valorant using the new icon on your Desktop or by searching for “Valorant” in your Windows search bar.
Step 4: Create A Riot Games ID
Upon the successful game launch, you must create a Riot Games ID. Visit Riot Games’ official website and click on “Create Account,” which will redirect you to the registration page. Provide your email address there and click “Start” to initiate the registration process.
Step 5: Fill Up The Required Details
Fill in the required information, including your date of birth, chosen username, and password. Finally, confirm your registration, and you’ll be ready to dive into the world of Valorant.
Understand The Basics On How To Play Valorant
Valorant is set in a futuristic version of Earth and involves two teams: Attackers and Defenders. The objective is to be the first team to win 13 rounds.
Attackers aim to plant a spike (similar to a bomb) and defend it until it detonates or eliminates the enemy team to win a round.
Defenders must defuse the spike quickly to win a point. There are different game modes:
Replication: A best-of-nine mode where all players use the same Agents, lasting 10 to 15 minutes.
Spike Rush: Players use randomized weapons with buffs and debuffs across the map, lasting 8 to 12 minutes.
Deathmatch: Practice gunplay mechanics without abilities, ending after nine minutes or when a player reaches 40 kills.
Escalation: A 5v5 deathmatch where teams race through abilities and weapons, winning at level 12 or with a higher level in 10 minutes.
Snowball Fight: A 5v5 deathmatch where the first team to get 50 kills using only Snowball Launchers wins, with buffs on the map.
Practice Game: Includes Shooting Tests, Spike Planting, and Spike Defusing to help players learn the game mechanics and techniques.
What Are The Different Types Of Roles In Valorant?
In the Valorant game, there are four primary roles that players can take on, each with distinct characteristics and Agents associated with them:
Role 1. Duelists:
- These are the primary damage dealers on a team.
- Notable Duelists include Jett, Reyna, and Phoenix.
Role 2. Controllers:
- Controllers support their team by controlling the map and limiting enemy vision.
- Playable Controllers are Astra, Brimstone, Omen, and Viper.
Role 3. Initiators:
- Initiators excel in offensive play styles and are skilled at flushing out enemies from hiding spots.
- Agents in this class include Sova, Fade, and Breach.
Role 4. Sentinels:
- Sentinels are defensive experts who provide valuable intelligence and secure sites.
- Prominent Sentinels include Killjoy, Sage, and Chamber.
These roles and characters contribute to the dynamic and strategic gameplay in Valorant.
What Are The Weapons And Economy In Valorant?
Valorant features a unique in-game economy that greatly influences gameplay. Winning rounds grants credits, which can be used to purchase improved weaponry, armor, and tools.
On the flip side, losing teams must strategize to recover from economic setbacks.
Here’s a detailed look at the various weapon categories and their respective strengths:
Sidearms: These weapons excel at delivering high headshot damage and prove invaluable when your primary firearm runs dry. The available sidearms include the Classic, Shorty, Frenzy, Ghost, and Sheriff.
Submachine Guns (SMGs): SMGs like the Stinger and Spectre are favored for their burst damage potential and rapid fire rates.
Rifles: The Bulldog, Vandal, Phantom, and Guardian fall into this category, capable of eliminating foes with a single shot from any distance.
Sniper Rifles: For long-range precision, Sniper Rifles are your go-to choice. The Marshall and Operator are the prominent options, offering one-shot kill potential from considerable distances.
Heavy Weapons: True to their name, Heavy Weapons pack substantial firepower, allowing you to assert dominance. Examples in this category include the Ares and Odin.
Shotguns: Perfect for close-quarters combat, shotguns deal devastating damage. The Bucky and Judge are the two shotgun options available in the game.
That’s all! Mastering the use of these weapon types and managing your team’s economy are key factors for success in the game.
Some Tips And Tricks On How To Play Valorant
Valorant involves navigating various maps and agents; the developers keep the game exciting with frequent updates. Regardless of your choice of map or agent, the core objectives remain constant.
Consider these strategies if you want to boost your chances of success, especially if you’re new to the game:
- Prioritize the objective, whether it’s planting or defusing the spike. While eliminating the enemy team can win rounds, a rushed team fight can jeopardize your chances. Even when going for kills, keep the objective in mind.
- Exploiting high ground and unexpected angles to catch you off guard. Valorant features a low time-to-kill so that surprise can be a game-changer.
- Be prepared to adjust your playstyle according to the enemy team and your own team composition. A one-size-fits-all approach won’t work, so adapt to each situation.
- Communication and teamwork are vital in Valorant. The game is designed as a team shooter, so you need to coordinate and assist your team to ensure your progress.
- Some agents’ abilities can synergize effectively. Additionally, combining abilities with your weapons can provide an advantage. Utilize smoke and disruption abilities to gain an edge.
- Running and gunning was a prevalent tactic, but recent nerfs have made it less effective. Avoid shooting while sprinting to maintain better aim.
- Practice recognizing in-game sounds. This includes identifying teleporter usage or specific agent abilities. While it takes time to learn audio cues, staying alert can greatly benefit your gameplay.
- Continually reassess your plans when teammates or enemies are eliminated. A systematic and planned approach is essential for success in Valorant.
That’s it! These strategies should help you become a more formidable player as well as it helps you to increase your chances of winning matches in Valorant.
Read Also: Upcoming New Games 2023 Releasing Soon
What Are The Rank System In Valorant Games?
Valorant features a ranking system to assess players’ skills and provide balanced matchmaking. After playing a substantial number of matches, players are assigned a rank that reflects their performance.
The ranks in the Valorant game, from the lowest to the highest, are as follows:
- Iron (The lowest rank in the game)
- Radiant (Highest rank in the game)
That’s all! These are the ranks you will get in the game according to your level and skills. This rank system ensures that players compete against others of similar skill levels for fair and enjoyable gameplay experiences.
Through this article, we have stepwise guided you on how to play a valorant game. In this, we told you how to create your account and how many types of roles there are in this game, and we also gave information about its weapons and economy.
With the help of some given tips and tricks, you can also increase your valorant gameplay. We hope you liked the post, and it will continue further.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the download size required for Valorant?
Ans: Valorant’s download size amounts to approximately 23.1GB. Remember that the game demands a fair amount of storage space, so you must ensure you have enough available.
Q. Where can I find the Valorant download?
Ans: To obtain Valorant, simply go to the official website and click on the “Play Free” button. It’s important to have a Riot Games account set up beforehand, as it’s a prerequisite for downloading the game.
Q. What are the minimum system requirements to run Valorant?
Ans: To enjoy smooth gameplay in Valorant, a minimum of 4GB RAM is necessary. Therefore, having 4GB or more of RAM is recommended for an optimal experience.
Q. Is Valorant available for free on Mac?
Ans: Unfortunately, Valorant doesn’t have a dedicated Mac version. However, if you can run Windows on your Mac through Boot Camp, you can play Valorant for free. Keep in mind that the game does offer in-app purchases.
Q. How can I change my username in Valorant?
Ans: To modify your username in Valorant, log into your Riot Games account and head to the ID tab. Once there, input your desired name and save your changes.